Thursday, September 9, 2010

Beer News & Other News

A while back, we had a little post about Beer. Now, I am ashamed to admit it, but I have not had too much beer since writing that post. It's not that my love of beer has fallen off, but just that the running has crept in and displaced the beer. In a well-lived and balanced life, there should be room for both.

Now, all of the sudden, I am feeling a little thirst. Perhaps I should go for a run first, and slake that thirst as I write the rest of this post. ... Ah... Ok, that's better. Everything is better with a beer in your hand. Wait - a beer in the belly is better than one in the hand. Maybe? Or two? I forget how the saying goes. Is there a saying? Or is it the anticipation? I am not sure. I thing I feel really sleepy now. I will finish this in the morning.

OK, back to this post. We wanted to serve beer to our runners, and we wanted to serve Oklahoma brewed beer, from an Oklahoma company - and we wanted to serve the best. In that vein, we contacted Coop Ale Works. And they agreed to be involved! So hats off to Coop Ale Works. If you have not had the pleasure of drinking any of their fine ales or lagers, you should start.

We wish our local Liquor Store, Bombay Liquor, carried it. So we paid them a visit. And so they will. They will also be supplying us with a bunch of stuff. Multiple door prizes, supplies, and more beer. If you win something, you are likely to pay them a visit to pick it up. Thanks, Steve!

Steve also instantly identified the bottle in the 'possum's hand. It's Courvoisier. Is that a good way to die? I'm not going to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment