Friday, July 23, 2010

I Need Another Race Shirt!

Are there any of you out there who really think this? Maybe? C'mon, admit it if you do. I'd like you to weigh in. But if you don't want another race shirt, let me know that, too.

If there is one thing we at The Road Kill don't need more of, it's race shirts. I have a few dozen long-sleeved race shirts. I have even more cotton short-sleeved shirts. I have a bunch of "technical" tees both long and short. More than I can wear through in my life I think. Garbage bags full. Really. But I keep them and don't wear them. And there they moulder. Oh, I wear a few, but by and large there are far too many that I will never wear.

I had some calls last week. "Won't I get a race shirt?" Well, no, sir, we are not giving away shirts. Instead, we are going to give away little cups. Stainless steel camp cups indelibly etched with your race. The cup will be like your finisher's medal, but it will actually have some use. Think of it like the World Cup or the Stanley Cup, but way better. Because you actually have a good shot at this one. And, if nothing else, you can use it to refresh yourself with the beverages we offer after the race. It will also reduce trash.

We are fed up with the trash. We don't want to make more of it, so we are trying to do our part. We hate running by the trash, the roadkill, the crap on the side of the road. We'll leave the road cleaner than we found it, and leave your home with one less waste of a race shirt.

If you have a need for a race shirt, I'll give you mine. I'm going to bring my old shirts. If you want one for your race shirt, take mine. In fact, if you have any old race shirts you'd like to get rid of, just bring them on by to the race. We'll have an exchange. At the end of the day, we'll donate the extra shirts to someone who can actually use them. Let me know if you plan to bring a bunch - maybe I'll swing by and pick them up early.

Are you really that hard-up for another shirt? Do you need a 'unique' race shirt for your wardrobe? I'll help you make one. We'll give you a white undershirt and a clothes marker and you can make your shirt as unique as you like. Just write on it, "I ran the best race in Oklahoma - The Road Kill Ten Mile Foot Race!"

4 comments:

  1. I love RACE shirts!!!!!! Its my favorite part!! bet your not surprised are you... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my race shirts too. My wife loves to quilt. She makes quilts out of my race shirts. Win/Win

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my race shirts and I wouldn't have minded getting another one at this race but I do like the idea of the steel camp cup as our finisher's cup, totally unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in luck. Check out our latest post.

    ReplyDelete